NEW CHAIRPERSON AT PKF SOUTH AFRICA
PKF South Africa announced the appointment (with effect from 1 June 2018) of Theo Vermaak (see photo below) as chairman, replacing incumbent Kevin Gertenbach. The latter remains a partner of PKF Durban and member of the PKF Africa Board. Vermaak was also previously the Africa Regional Director of PKF International was elected to one of the top leadership posts of the global accounting profession – Chair of the Forum of Firms.
“The intention with the appointment is to bring in a chair that is independent from any one PKF firm, essentially to provide an outsider’s perspective,” explained Vermaak.
EMEI MEET IN BULGARIA
Graham Martins and Stany Pereira from Dubai and B R Sudhir from Abu Dhabi attended the Europe-Middle East-India (EMEI) regional partners conference in Sofia, Bulgaria, while Sarika Dhameja from Dubai attended the regional tax meeting which was held concurrently.
A new focus group is being formed to develop and share the increasing levels of Business Intelligence, Machine Learning and Automation solutions. Focus will be placed on sharing expertise within the network and developing new solutions.
NEW MEMBER FIRMS
PKF International Limited has strengthened its global coverage with the admission of:
- PFC Accounting with its head office in Calgary and branch in Red Deer, Canada as the newest independent member firm in North America.
- Shiodome Partners as a member firm in Tokyo. Shiodome Partners, based in Tokyo and Okinawa, has 5 partners and provides Business Consulting Services, BPO (Business Process Outsourcing), Financial Consulting Services and Business Support Solutions.
- AFC Benelux and PKF Audit & Conseil as new member firms in Luxembourg. AFC Benelux, established in 2006, has 4 partners and employs over 40 people in its two offices in Luxembourg City and Hobscheid. PKF Audit & Conseil is a new firm established early 2018 to provide assurance and related accounting services to its clients, supported by the partners, employees and resources of AFC Benelux.
- Thida & Partners Limited as a member firm in Myanmar. Based in Yangon, Thida provides a full range of assurance, tax and advisory services to both private and public companies across a range of sectors.
- Octagon Chartered Accountants as an independent member firm in South Africa. Based in Johannesburg, Octagon has 11 partners and provides a full range of audit and assurance, accounting, tax and advisory services to both private and public companies across a large range of sectors.